4.5. Prescription Medication Label
Prescription labels will contain:
- Generic and/or trade name of the medication.
- Frequency & dosage of the medication.
- The number of doses of medication that are in the package/container.
- The number of times this medication may be refilled.
- Possible food, drink, or other drug interactions
- Special instructions (i.e. allergy warnings, possible side effects, etc.)
- Name of prescribing licensed practitioner
- Expiration date
- Medication strength;
- Dispensing date;
- Directions for use;
- The pharmacy that dispensed the medication;
- Prescription number;
- Equivalency statement (when the brand or medication name dispensed is different than the brand or medication name prescribed.