Medical Assisting (CMA)Medical Assisting classes in Westminster
At AplMed Academy, Medical Assisting classes in Westminster, Colorado students will learn about all the procedures essential to nursing and the system of health care. This consist of such things as communication and collecting patient data. The Medical Assisting course in Westminster, Colorado includes both theoretical and practical courses. Those who wish to take part in the college’s Registered Nurse program must first complete this Medical Assisting course.
All classes are available at (Aplmed address) location. Address : 2600 South Parker Rd Bldg 6-300 Aurora CO, 80014
Medical Assistant - 19 weeks course:
|Medical Assistant - January 16, 2023, Mo-Th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Closed|
|Medical Assistant - January 16, 2023, Mo-Th 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM Closed|
|Medical Assistant - June 5, 2023, Mo-Th 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM|
|Medical Assistant - June 5, 2023, Mo-Th 5:00 PM - 9:00 PM|
Medical Assisting (MAs) is an important member of a patient-centered team consisting of physicians, nurses and other health professionals. Nearly 85 percent of MAs work in a physician’s office performing a mix of administrative and clinical tasks. MAs also work in hospitals, home care, and hospice care. Their administrative responsibilities include patient reception and admission, scheduling, answering phones, collecting health histories, filing insurance claims and managing patient flow through the office. MAs are likely the first and last faces a patient sees during a visit to their doctor. They will also spend time with patients to ensure they understand the doctor’s instructions.
Clinical functions can include:
- Patient intake processing, including taking patient histories and vital signs;
- Performing first aid and CPR;
- Preparing patients for procedures;
- Assisting physicians with examinations and treatments;
- Infection control.
Administrative responsibilities can include:
- Scheduling and receiving patients;
- Preparing and maintaining medical records;
- Performing basic secretarial skills and medical transcription;
- Handling telephone inquiries and written correspondence;
- Serving as a liaison between physicians and other individuals;