Certified nursing assistants (CNAs) play a crucial role in the medical field by providing assistance to registered nurses and other health care professionals. CNAs may provide administrative support including documentation and reporting responsibilities. Furthermore, their work includes medical services such as taking patient tests and helping with rehabilitation processes. A career as a CNA means helping those in need and doing something you truly feel good about. Our instructors all have real-life experience and will help you get ready for situations a book cannot. The CNA program at APLMED Academy offers a hospital atmosphere, which aims to help you familiarize with the working environment. You will learn with hands-on training by a certified and working CNA instructor and take part in an unpaid externship to gain “real-life” experience and build a resume before entering the job field. Upon a successful completion of the CNA Program at APLMED Academy and complete externship, you will earn a CNA Certificate. Nursing School required the CNA certificate don’t wait just start your new career with us.
Always working under the direction of a nurse (RN or LPN/LVN) the CNA provides hands on nursing care to patients, residents, clients and customers in a variety of health care settings Certified Nursing Assistant Job Duties:
- - Provides patients' personal hygiene by giving bedpans, urinals, baths, backrubs, shampoos, and shaves; assisting with travel to the bathroom; helping with showers and baths.
- - Provides for activities of daily living by assisting with serving meals, feeding patients as necessary; ambulating, turning, and positioning patients; providing fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- - Provides adjunct care by administering nonsterile dressings, surgical preps, ice packs, heat treatments, sitz and therapeutic baths; applying restraints.
- - Maintains patient stability by checking vital signs and weight; recording intake and output information.
- - Provides patient comfort by utilizing resources and materials; transporting patients; answering patients' call lights and requests; reporting observations of the patient to nursing supervisor.
- - Documents actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- - Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures.
- - Protects organization's value by keeping patient information confidential.
- - Serves and protects the hospital community by adhering to professional standards, facilities policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements, and jcaho standards.
- - Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; participating in professional organizations; maintaining licensure.
- - Enhances nursing department and hospital reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Certified Nursing Assistant Skills and Qualifications:
Multi-tasking, Medical Teamwork, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Nursing Skills, Health Promotion and Maintenance, Creating a Safe, Effective Environment, Informing Others, Judgment, Pain Management, Acute/Critical Care, Excellence verbal and written communications skills, strong communication skills are one of the most important, astute observation skills, ability to follow and organizational skills, empathy and compassion
Topics Covered in the Program:
- - Introduction to healthcare and assistant nursing
- - Basic Human Anatomy and Physiology
- - Emergency care, Measuring Vital Signs, Record Keeping
- - Medical Terminology
- - Patient Safety and Infection Control
- - Home Health Care
- - Patient Positioning and Transport
- - Personal Care, Skin Care, and Aging Process
- - Range of Motion Exercises
- - Signs and Symptoms of Common Diseases
- - Preparation for State Board Exam
- - Real Life Skills
Upon a successful completion of the CNA Program at APLMED Academy and complete externship, you will earn a CNA Certificate that will help you with your nursing career.